All throughout the month here on The Honey Bulb I’ve been talking about what it means for me to be recognized as a Sweet Heart!
Have you ever tasted the most delicious recipe and thought “I just have to have that recipe?”
Well if you’ve been following along, you know that to me, being a Sweet Heart is much like a favorite recipe! It takes having the right ingredients and instructions!
What are the key ingredients to being a Sweet Heart?
- A Sweet Heart is someone who authentically lives out The Fruit of the Spirit. (read more here!)
- A Sweet Heart is someone who’s always ready to Be a Light. (read more here!)
- A Sweet Heart Always Loves. (read more here!)
- A Sweet Heart is an optimist, an encourager. A Sweet Heart always has faith.
- And as a Sweet Heart I know I can do all things through Christ because He gives me the strength and ability to do so!
So with the right ingredients, come the right instruction!
Ingredient #4: A Sweet Heart is an Optimist, Encourager, and Always has Faith!
A Sweet Heart is an Optimist, Encourager, and Always has Faith
As a Sweet Heart, I believe that being optimistic and encouraging is a must!
I know, as an optimist that God works all things out for my good (Romans 8:28)!
All throughout God’s word we read of how He comes through for those He loves.
Romans 10:11 says “As the Scripture says, ‘Anyone who trusts in Him will never be disappointed.”
Knowing His character and love keeps me always optimistic that He will do what He promised in my life!
Being an optimist also helps me to be encouraging to others.
1 Thessalonians 5:11 explains, “encourage each other and give each other strength!”
When I am optimistic I have the strength and courage to encourage others to trust God in the same way!
Being a Sweet Heart also means that I have a Spirit of faith that comes from God and this faith gives me the strength to be both an optimist and an encourager.
Dear LORD, Thank you for giving us your Spirit of faith that helps us to continue being optimistic and encouraging not only in our life but to those around us as well! Continue filling us with Your Spirit so that we can be the Sweet Hearts you have called us to be! In Jesus name, I pray Amen!
- How do you think being optimistic gives you courage and strength?
- In what ways can you be optimistic and encouraging to those around you this week?