Happy Valentines Day Everyone!
Today’s Segment of The Sweet Heart Bible Study is all about love!
Here’s a quick summary of what we’ve studied so far:
- As a Christian, I believe it is so important to be recognized as a Sweet Heart (Someone who authentically lives out the Fruit of the Spirit, is always ready to be a light, always loves, is encouraging, an optimist, and always has faith, and as a Sweet Heart I know I can do all these things and more through Christ who gives me strength!)
- To live out the Fruit of the Spirit we need to understand how each fruit relates to being Sweet in our lives (The Sweet Heart Bible Study: Bear Good Fruit).
- To shine our light we must know our Christ-given mission “You are the light that gives light to the world” Mathew 5:14
- To be a light we must be an example of goodness, right living and truth (Ephesians 4:19) living this out in our words, actions, love, faith, and pure life (1 Timothy 4:12)
Ingredient #3: A Sweet Heart Always Loves
A Sweet Heart Always Loves
“Be alert, continue strong in faith. Have courage and be strong. Do everything in love.” 1 Corinthians 16:13
As a Sweet Heart I believe that love is at the very core of every action we need to take and to me, I can only love perfectly when I am completely alert and attentive to who God needs me to be in the lives of those around me.
In the verse above, The Apostle Paul charges the believers to be alert, continue strong in faith, have courage and be strong, and to DO EVERYTHING IN LOVE.
Love takes all of the above and more!
1 Corinthians 13:4-8 gives us love at its core:
“Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous, it does not brag, and it is not proud. Love is not rude, is not selfish and does not get upset with others. Love does not count up wrongs that have been done. Love takes no pleasure in evil but rejoices over the truth. Love patiently accepts all things. It always trusts, always hopes, always endures. Love never ends.” 1 Corinthians 13:4-8
We need to be alert to the needs of those around us. We need to be alert to who God is calling us to be in the lives of those closest to us!
I believe that when we are aligned with God, He leads us in all things, including our relationships!
God sees what we can’t, and when we are alert in hearing from God, He gives us direction on who to be to those around us:
“God can see what is in people’s hearts. And He knows what is in the mind of the Spirit because the Spirit speaks to God for His people in the way God wants.” Romans 8:27
Love can be hard sometimes but, in love, we need to continue strong in faith knowing God is always showing us what to do!
As a Sweet Heart this is my guideline to living a life of love.
That when I am attentive and alert (1 Corinthians 16:13) always walking in love (1 Corinthians 13:4-8) I can be the Sweet Heart I need to be!
Dear LORD, thank you for giving us Your Spirit of love through which you always lead us! Continue to Lead us in love and goodness, always showing us how to be the Sweet Hearts we need to be! In Jesus name, I pray Amen!
- How is God leading you in love?
- How can you perfectly demonstrate your love as a Sweet Heart? (*hint: ask God to lead you in His Spirit in love for He sees what you can’t!)
- In what ways can you love this week?